Installed BitShares-Core Directory¶
In this section, we show you the installed bitshares-core folder structure and explain several points of files in the folder. After we examined the installed folder, we test and run two programs (cli_wallet and witness_node).
Table of Contents
After the BitShares-Core installation, you would have a bitShares-core folder and other directories and files inside the bitShares-core folder similar like the below. There is a programs folder that includes a cli_wallet program and a witness_node program.
In the programs folder, you will find a
cli_wallet and a
witness_node build folders. Each folder includes a program file.
+ [programs] + [build_healpers] + [cli_wallet] + [CMakeFiles] + [delay_node] + [genesis_util] + [js_operation_serializer] + [size_checker] + [witness_node ] + cmake_install.cmake + CMakeList.txt + Makefile
- When you start a cli_wallet, you define a cli_wallet program file with other parameters.
- A wallet.json files does not exist as a default.
- When you import or register an account, and if you so not have a wallet.json file yet, the wallet.json file is created and saved with new chain_id and other values. (*See an example output wallet.json )
+ [programs] + [cli_wallet] + [CMakeFiles] + cli_wallet (*Program file*) + main.cpp + wallet.json (*Not exists after the initial installation*) + ...
- When you start a witness_node, you define the witness_node program file with other parameters.
- As a default, a witness_node_data_dir does not exist. When you start the witness_node program and if the witness_node_date_dir does not exist, the folder and inside files will be created.
- The witness_node_date_dir (i.e., database folder) includes a config.ini file. There are parameters you can set values to run the witness_node. We recommend you to examine the configuration items.
+ [programs] + [witness_node] + [CMakeFiles] + [witness_node_data_dir] (*Not exists after the initial installation*) + [blockchain] + [database] + [object_database] + [block_num_to_block] + db_version + [logs] + [default] + [p2p] + [rpc] + [p2p] + peers.json + config.ini + logging.ini + witness_node (*Program file*) + main.cpp + saltpass.py + ...