Windows Development Environment setup and build instruction¶
This is an informal build environment setup instruction, it is not recommended to apply in production.
- 64 bit windows operating system
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Update 1 - Download address can be found at https://gist.github.com/CHEF-KOCH/ebd07873bb4b343613db (the community edition will work, any newer version of visual studio will not work)
- git for windows (Git-2.18.0-64-bit)
- cmake (cmake-3.12.1-win64-x64)
Any other version of the software listed above is not used nor tested, but can still be used on your own risk. To make things easier, we suggest you keep all the default settings in the install process and add both git and cmake into your PATH
- boost 1.65.1 https://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost-binaries/1.65.1/boost_1_65_1-msvc-14.0-64.exe/download
- Openssl 1.0.2p https://slproweb.com/download/Win64OpenSSL-1_0_2p.exe
You do can download the source and compile the two libraries above, it will take more time and return more safety/security. Again, we still suggest you to keep all the default settings in the install process. Any changes you made here, you have to make the corresponding changes to cmake command we use later.
- cURL, we do not find any usable prebuilt cURL, so we have to compile it from source. Open a command window with administrator right, and run
git clone https://github.com/curl/curl.git cd curl buildconf.bat cmake -G "Visual Studio 14 2015 Win64" -DCMAKE_USE_OPENSSL=ON -DCURL_DISABLE_FTP=ON -DCURL_DISABLE_LDAP=ON -DCURL_DISABLE_TELNET=ON -DCURL_DISABLE_DICT=ON -DCURL_DISABLE_FILE=ON -DCURL_DISABLE_TFTP=ON -DCURL_DISABLE_LDAPS=ON -DCURL_DISABLE_RTSP=ON -DCURL_DISABLE_POP3=ON -DCURL_DISABLE_IMAP=ON -DCURL_DISABLE_SMTP=ON -DCURL_DISABLE_GOPHER=ON -DCURL_STATICLIB=ON -DOPENSSL_CONF_SOURCE="C:\OpenSSL-Win64\bin\openssl.cfg" cmake --build . --target install --config Release -j 3
The command above will compile the libcURL and install it to the C:Program FilesCURL directory.
- compile the bitsares-core. In the command windows we opened before, run
git clone https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-core.git git checkout develop git submodule update --init --recursive cmake -G "Visual Studio 14 2015 Win64" -DBoost_USE_STATIC_LIBS=ON -DOPENSSL_CONF_SOURCE="C:\OpenSSL-Win64\bin\openssl.cfg" -DCURL_INCLUDE_DIR="C:\Program Files\CURL\include" -DCURL_LIBRARY="C:\Program Files\CURL\lib\libcurl_imp.lib" -DCURL_STATICLIB=ON cmake --build . --target install --config Release -j 3
If you want to dynamically link to cURL, you need to drop the -DCURL_STATICLIB=ON argument. The number after -j in the last command is recommended set to N-1, where N is your computer’s core number.