Quick Start Guide - Public Testnet¶
The BitShares Open Public Testnet has been deployed and is fully functional for anyone to use and is shared among developers. All developers take the opportunity to construct a tutorial.
- Go to a Web Wallet - Public testnet: (http://testnet.bitshares.eu/)
- If you need to create an account, set the testnet faucet address
- Faucet: (https://faucet.testnet.bitshares.eu/)
- Go to [Setting] menu - [Faucet] and set the above Faucet address
- Create an account
- For a CLOUD Wallet: Use a [CREATE ACCOUNT] button
- For a LOCAL Wallet: Use an [advanced form] button
- Receive Testnet Core asset TEST.
- You will have 10k TEST in your account for free upon registration.
Faucet Role: The faucet address is used to pay the registration fee for new users.
In this section, we show you how to set up on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS(64 bit) environment as an example.
To see more options: Go to Installation Guide.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install autoconf cmake git libboost-all-dev libssl-dev g++ libcurl4-openssl-dev
Build BitShares Core - Select testnet branch
In order to run a full node, get the sources (branch testnet ) and compile:
git clone https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-core.git bitshares-core-testnet cd bitshares-core-testnet git checkout testnet cmake
After compile, run the node with:
$ programs/witness_node/witness_node --genesis-json=genesis.json
On this network, everything is allowed. As a consequence, the outside price of any token on this blockchain is exactly zero. A reset of the blockchain may occur at any moment!