Introduction & Architectures¶
Welcome to BitShares! BitShares Blockchain implements an industrial-grade technology focused on businesses, organizations or individuals, with an amazing eco-system and free-market economy. Though this documentation, we introduce BitShares Blockchain features and functions to create your Command-Line (i.e., CLI) wallet, application, or other programs for developers.
Table of Contents
- Keep everything in memory.
- Keep the core business logic in a single thread.
- Keep cryptographic operations (hashes and signatures) out of the core business logic.
- Divide validation into state-dependent and state-independent checks.
- Use an object-oriented data model.
- Avoid synchronization primitives (locks, atomic operations)
- Minimize unnecessary computation in the business logic processor.
BitShares is built to aim high-performance blockchain and has been done to remove all calculations that are not part of the critical, order-dependent, evaluation from the core business logic, and to design a protocol the facilitates these kinds of optimizations.